It is time to think about your Holiday Cards! My biggest hurdle in preparing Holiday Cards is finding a family photograph with all of us in it, and with me looking good! Most of our photographs are from vacations or around the Holidays. Here are a few tips for picking the perfect picture(s) for your Holiday Card
- Make sure that there is enough light in the picture to see everyone’s faces. Photo’s tend to print darker, so if you even think it may be too dark- it probably is.
- Look at the whole picture you choose (not just at yourself). I made this mistake a few years ago when I printed a holiday card and got it back and realized there was a random man in the background of our family photograph.
- If you are not all around to do a family picture- do a collage, or a family picture on the front, and add a picture to the back. I have had to do this a lot!
- Collage photo cards are great, just make sure the picture squares are big enough to see the picture clearly.
- Switch things up! Send a photo card one year and a Holiday letter the next.
- Important!! Compile your mailing list on a spreadsheet. As holiday cards come in the mail, double check the address to see if your friends/family have moved and update your spreadsheet. After you put the time into doing this- you will thank me!